Applying for MechaCon 2017 Press Passes:
Read First – Please note that all press passes must be approved prior to the convention. Sennin Productions, LLC reserves the right, upon review of Press Pass applications, to refuse any potential media representative for any or no reason. Sennin Productions, LLC also reserves the right to refuse admission to any media representative at MechaCon 2017 for any or no reason. Press passes are not transferable.
Press passes are available to qualified members of the media covering MechaCon 2017. A press pass gives you access to the entire convention and preferred seating in the main events room.
A press pass to MechaCon 2017 will grant you full access to:
- Dealers Room
- Gaming Rooms
- Panel Rooms
- Reserved press seating in the Main Events room
- Video Rooms
To qualify for a MechaCon 2017 Press Pass, you must present any of the following:
- A business card for a nationally or regionally recognized media outlet showing your name and title
- A copy of company letterhead showing your name and title
- A copy of by-lined article published within the past 6 months
- A video clip from a news broadcast
- Proof of membership in the International Federation of Journalists or a related union
- Letter from editor or publisher assigning bearer to cover MechaCon
- Written letter or printed e-mail of approval from MechaCon’s Press Liaison
You do not qualify for a press pass if you are:
- A publisher
- A sales representative
- A freelance photographer
- Any other non-editorial personnel
- Creating a student documentary
- A representative of a web site or fan magazine that does not publish anime or Transformers news or convention reports
- A representative of a web site or fan magazine which has not been previously reviewed and approved by Sennin Productions, LLC (web sites and fan magazines will not be approved at the convention)
If you are not a member of a major media outlet (TV station, newspaper, etc) and seek a written letter of approval from MechaCon’s Press Liaison, please fill out our press registration form below.
A photo ID must be presented to obtain your press pass at the convention.
Press passes will not be mailed.
Please note that the deadline for press pass registration is July 15, 2017.
There will be no at-con registration for press. All requests for press passes must be pre-approved. Press passes are not transferable.
Please note that all press passes must be approved prior to the convention. Press Pass applications not received by July 15, 2017 will be considered void, rendering press passes unavailable for said media applicant. MechaCon must have Press Pass application in-hand for Press Passes to be distributed.
MechaCon and its staff reserve the right to refuse any media at any time for any or no reason. Press Passes are non-transferable.
By submitting the Press Pass application, you are acknowledging you have read this entire page and fully understand the details described herein.