MechaCon’s 2016 Artists Alley is currently SOLD OUT.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email us . If there is a cancellation, or for some reason a spot becomes available, people on the waiting list will be contacted in a first come, first serve capacity. Please keep in mind that being on the waiting list by no means guarantees you a spot. Also, if you have a fan group and would like a fan table, fan tables are still available at this time. More info on fan tables is available further down on this page.
MechaCon’s Artist Alley is a place where artists, modelers, and small publishers can have the opportunity to display and/or solicit their works to our attendees. Artists can also use this area to take commissions and create new works. Some Artist Alley participants may choose to use their space to advertise their services or promote their clubs. Open to all artists, from beginners to professionals and studios, artists can use this opportunity to get their art out to the public and to meet fans of their works.
Artist Alley tables are now only available as a registration package which includes one table and one registration (equivalent to BasicPass). The cost for an Artist Alley Registration is $100 ($60 for the table, $40 for the badge). An additional Artist Alley badge (for an assistant to help at your table) may be purchased with your table registration for an extra $35. Limited to one additional badge per Artist Alley table registration. The assistant’s badge MUST be purchased along with the original table registration. It cannot be added on later. If you chose to have an assistant to help with your table, and do not register them with the original table registration, they will have to purchase a regular BasicPass or other weekend badge for the convention on their own. Tables are available on a first-come-first-serve basis, and cancellations are non-refundable. If all available tables are filled, a waiting list will be established for other interested registrants. Persons on the waiting list are not guaranteed a table.
Please note: T-shirts and lanyards may be added to your registration for an additional fee.
List of Artists Alley Participants
Table 101 – Aryana Guerrero
Table 102 – Raymond Wai – CLIR Studio
Table 103 – Bo Ae Lee – Crazyehcakes
Table 104 – Gigi Lau – Kamaniki
Table 105 – Melissa & Daniel Mose – Cabbits Co.
Table 106 – William Myers & Melissa Rushing – Conquer3D
Table 107 – Cheyenne Bertrand & Carsyn Berry
Table 108 – Amanda Cooke & Kaylyn Wit – Corvid House Publishing
Table 201 – Isabel Morales & Alexandra Faye Billings – Faye’s Realm
Table 202 – Kevin Yan
Table 203 – Steve Yurko
Table 204 – Christina Chang
Table 205 – Jennifer Griffith & Casey McCollough – Kittiye’s Creations
Table 206 – Julie Wright – Leaser Key Studios
Table 207 – Stephanie Carrick – Charming Little Fox Creations
Table 208 – Allexis Kristedja
Table 301 – Jade & Jonathan Allen – The Purple Pumpkin
Table 302 – Trisha Kieu
Table 303 – Josh Thibodeaux & Eric Gjertsen
Table 304 – Judy Whitney-Davis Inner Goddess Soap Company
Table 305 – Jinny Liang
Table 306 – Erinne & Charles Lester
Table 307 – Chelsey & Niki Johnson – Kit & Kat Creations
Table 308 – Arielle & Julie Hill – Peach Seas
Table 401 – Tiffany Folse – My Beauty Bath
Table 402 – Alexis Hejna – Honeysuckle Rose Creations
Table 403 – Steph Bassett – SaBasse
Table 404 – Keith Parker – keithparkerart
Table 405 – Kammie & Tiffany Nguyen – Mintymix
Table 406 – Alison & Courtney Delaney – Apple Pudding
Table 407 – Cameron Jeffrey & Dee Soto – The Black Rabbit
Table 408 – Kevin Chen
Table 501 – Kirsten Russo & Brandon Clancy – Third Eye, Inc.
Table 502 – Morgan Perry
Table 503 – Brittany Perry & Kayla Grimes – kokoro-rokoko
Table 504 – Rachel & Rebecca Young – Cherry Blossom Cute
Table 505 – San Kim
Table 506 – Nick & Melissa Minor – Radiant Grey
Table 507 – Joann Kang
Table 508 – Sarah Ding
Table 509 – Angie & Brett Mitchell – Mitchell Studios
Table 510 – Adrienne Sizemore & Bek Rigall
Table 511 – Victoria & Yon Ching – ToriKat
Table 512 – Wei Zhang – zzyzzy
Table 601 – Kaitlyn Barker & Illy Mont
Table 602 – Ashley Villard – ForensicFoxCrafts & Jessica Guillet – Teacup Yeti
Table 603 – Sean Adams & Joey Giavotella
Table 604 – K.F. Golden – Call Me Midas Studios & Alexis Stetson – Studio Alexis
Table 605 – Katherine Hollingsworth – Sew-it-All Creations
Table 606 – Eric Martin – Eric the Cleric
Table 607 – Alison Zhang
Table 608 – Puvithel Rajan & Elizabeth Hernandez – Puvithel
Table 701 – Leo Leung
Table 702 – Allison Ray – Witch Hazell
Table 703 – Monica Zabicki & Donald Gremillion – Rusty Bee Productions
Table 704 – Christa Stewart
Table 705 – Ashlyn Larmeu
Table 706 – Dana Morrison
Table 707 – Andrew Troffoli & Josh Harvey
Table 708 – Emily Boverie – Ratty Creations
Table 801 – Alexis Richard – Artabstraction
Table 802 – Reba Bihm
Table 803 – Linda Yan
Table 804 – Johnny & Jacqueline Segura – Art of Johnny Segura 3rd
Table 805 – Becca & Denise Hillburn – Nattosoup Studio
Table 806 – Jeanette & Moriah Rabeaux – Three Geeks Studio
Table 807 – Angela Tran
Table 808 – Jihye Lim & Sisi Yang
Table 809 – Nancy Yang
Table 810 – Nicole Morris & Anna Burnell – Mad Afternoon
Table 811 – Rachel & McCauley Gurt – Rachel’s Dreamland
Table 812 – Christine Peng
Table 813 – Soohyun Nham
Table 814 – Kiera Summers- Pleasantly Strange
Table 815 – Marina Arriola – Precious Bbyz
Table 816 – Anastasia & Sofia Holl – Ugly Pants
Table 817 – Doris Belleau & Taylor Wells – So Many Pigeons
Table 818 – Daniel Tseng – Cypri Art
*If you are an Artists Alley Participant and would like your website linked to your name in the list above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set-up: Artists will be able to set up their tables beginning on Thursday, July 28th between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Set-up will resume at 7 a.m. on Friday. The Artists Alley will open at 10 a.m. on Friday morning and will close at 11 p.m. Please keep in mind that the AA will be locked overnight, but MechaCon is not responsible for any items left overnight. AA will open for set-up at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. It will open to attendees at 10 a.m. on both days. It closes at 5 p.m. on Sunday. An email with more specifics will be sent out to participants.
- No Commercially available merchandise is to be sold in the Artists Alley. This is what the Dealers’ Room is for. Where the Dealers’ Room is all about commerce, The Artists Alley is all about creativity and originality.
- We encourage the sale of any products featuring your own creations, commissioned and hand-drawn works, unique hand-made items, fanzines, and similar items.
- All convention, local, state, and federal rules will apply while in the Artists Alley. If you break any of the convention rules you will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. If you break any laws expect to have to deal with law enforcement and possible prosecution. We will not protect you if you break the law.
- Overly loud music, videos, etc. will NOT be tolerated in the Artists Alley. If the amount of sound that you, your table, or anything related to you or your table is found to be disruptive, you will be given your first and only warning and you will be made to turn the volume down.
- If you want to have a raffle or giveaway, please inform the Artists Alley Liaison ahead of time so that we can assist with any possible line forming or crowding issues. Crowding becomes a problem when it begins to block the thoroughfares between tables becoming a fire hazard. Therefore please get your raffle/giveaway taken care of as quickly as possible.
- NO SIGNS, art, or anything else are allowed to be attached to the walls at the Riverside Hilton. You may tape or otherwise attach things to the front of your table, as long as no hotel or convention property is damaged.
- Food, snacks, and/or beverages are NOT to be sold in the Artists Alley.
- Merchandise bearing official character likenesses are not allowed. These would be directly competing with licensed merchandise and would definitely break copyright laws. Clothing and accessories are usually licensed. (However, if you’re using characters you already own, or have explicit permission to use, you’re fine.)
- NO HENTAI or any other sexually explicit material of any kind will be allowed in the Artists Alley.
Please note the following:
Artist Alley registrants will receive an email stating the acceptance of his/her Artist Alley registration once his/her registration has been processed. A second confirmation email containing your table number will be sent within a few weeks after you register online.
Registrants will receive their badges (and shirts where applicable) as well as table assignments at the convention with a valid photo ID. Hotel accommodations are NOT included with any registrations. Please visit MechaCon.com for additional registration options, information on the event, hotel information, rules & regulations. We reserve the right to refuse any registration for any reason.
A current, valid picture ID is necessary to pick up any badge/registration/Artist Alley packet. Artist Alley registration packages can only be picked up by the attendee the packet and table is registered to.
We are not responsible for any errors submitted during the registration process.
Once you have registered and acquired an Artist Alley table, there is no refund. However, you can replace your name with another adult’s name as well as other important information before June 25, 2016. Please contact the Registration Coordinator to make changes on the registration and Artist Alley records.
MechaCon Fan Tables
Due to the increasing number of clubs and organizations requesting fan tables at MechaCon, we have come up with a list of FAQs and new guidelines about fan tables. Fan tables are NOT the same as Artists Alley tables, Industry tables, or Convention tables.
What is a fan table?
Fan tables are provided at MechaCon on a first-come, first-serve basis to qualifying fan clubs and non-profit organizations that wish to promote at our convention. MechaCon reserves the right to refuse a table to an organization or club that we feel may not be appropriate for our event, or for a fan table.
How much is a fan table?
Fan tables are free of charge to qualifying organizations and groups on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tables are very limited.
Do the members of my group have to buy badges if I have a fan table?
Fan tables come with 2 complimentary weekend passes. All other members of the group will have to buy badges to attend the convention, and/or work the table. BasicPasses are available in advance for $40 until March 1st or $45 until June 25, 2016. Or, passes can be purchased at-door for $55 for the weekend. Individual day passes are also available at the door.
Can I sell merchandise at my fan table?
Sorry, but as a courtesy to our vendors and Artists Alley participants who purchase tables to sell merchandise, we cannot allow any sales of merchandise at fan tables.
Is electricity available at my fan table?
Sorry, but we cannot provide electricity to fan tables, due to the cost involved from the hotel. However, if you are near an outlet, feel free to plug something in. Please keep in mind though, that we will not know specific placement of fan tables and outlets until we get to the hotel, so we cannot take requests to be near outlets, or start moving people around at the last minute. If you get lucky enough to be placed by an outlet, feel free to use it, but we make no promises.
How do I get a fan table for my organization or club?
To be considered for a fan table, please send an email to email@example.com with a description of your club, contact information, and links to any web pages that you may have. A reply will be sent to you letting you know if you have been approved, and if your table has been added to the list, with further instructions.
List of Fan Tables
F01 – USS New Orleans
F02 – GEEK Charity
F03 – Mystic Krewe of PUEWC FARM
F04 – Bast Alpha Garrison of the 501st Legion
F05 – Dagobah Base Rebel Legion
F06 – Anime Secrets
F07 – Whovians of the Gulf Coast
F08 – Gaslight Girls / Nerdlesque
F09 – Japan Society of New Orleans
F10 – Adventurers league of G.E.A.R.S.
F11 – Mandalorian Mercs
F12 – Geeks Under Grace
F13 – Louisiana Ghostbusters
List of Guest / Industry Tables
G01 – Robbie Musso Art
G02 – Caleb Hyles
G03 – Queen D
G04 – Courtoon & Missyeru
G05 – Kazha
List of Convention Tables
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you in July!