In July 2316, the Treaty of Titan officially ended hostilities between the Owaan and humankind. The treaty was signed here on Crescent Station and to celebrate this momentous occasion, we honor and celebrate this peace accord with our annual Red Carpet Affair.
Please join us on Friday evening at 8:00 PM in Secondary Assembly (Empire Ballroom B-D) for Crescent Station’s Annual Red Carpet Affair. Since the signing of the treaty, Crescent Station has remained an enduring symbol of our commitment to encouraging progress, creating opportunity, and fostering mutual respect and understanding throughout the galaxy. In celebration of the treaty’s anniversary, we honor those who have carried forward our finest tradition of service, and we rededicate ourselves to fulfilling the dream and continuing the work of all those who aspire to and yearn for peace. Celebrate, with us, this landmark in our history and peace in our worlds.
Our house special, celestial cocktails (non-alcoholic), will also be available for purchase. In honor of the gala which initially celebrated the signing of the Treaty of Titan, this anniversary celebration is a semi-formal event. Please see our dress code for guidelines.
Our honored musical ambassadors, Mon Negros Productions, will be providing music and atmosphere for this event.
Knowing the future would still need the funk, the world governments cryogenically froze the dopest entertainers of the 21st century to be thawed out when the groove was needed. The Demolition DJs known as MNP have been recruited from the past to protect the future! Antonius and Evanuel return to bring jams of future’s past to Crescent Station to keep the party going for generations to come!”
This event is Formal/Semi-Formal Cosplay-Optional. What that means is that this is a classy event where tuxedos, suits, evening gowns, and fancy dress are encouraged as well as formal cosplay.
- Pants: Any type of formal dress pant is allowed.
- Tops: A formal blouse, dress shirt, or any other kind of formal top. Can be accompanied by one or a combination of the following: a formal jacket or blazer, any formal neck wear (i.e. ties, bowties, etc), and a vest or cummerbund.
- Dresses/Skirts: Dresses or skirts should be an evening gown or cocktail dress, mid-thigh length or longer. Skirts/dresses cannot be higher than the fingertips of hands at the side. Similarly, dress slits cannot be above the hands.
- Formal kimonos and other formal Asian wear are allowed and encouraged.
- Costumes: All costumes that follow the above guidelines will be permitted. No large props will be permitted, all props allowed in the event must be secured to your costume.
- Uniforms: Military dress uniforms or a school uniform that fits into the above categories.
- Shoes: Dress shoes, pumps, sandals, flats, dress boots, or any other formal shoe wear.
- Casual clothes; including but not limited to t-shirts, sneakers, jeans/denim, etc.
- Large props.
- Long dress trains.
- Unsecured hats – all hats must be removed on the dance floor.
- No bare feet. Not only do bare feet tend to get stepped on, but shoes do occasionally disappear. MechaCon is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items, including footwear.
The event hosts have final say on what stays and what goes. Please be aware that they are merely performing their duties as instructed and they may not be aware of nor informed in the formal attire shown in every anime.
Please remember that this is a FORMAL/SEMI-FORMAL Cosplay-optional event. The “regular, everyday” cosplay outfit will not be allowed. For example: Master Roshi in his beach shirt, shoes and sandals would not be allowed; however, the dress suit he wore to go to town would be. The outfit must be considered formal according to the above guidelines.